Founded in 1985, Main Line Health® is a not-for-profit health system serving portions of Philadelphia and its western suburbs. At its core are four of the region’s most respected acute care hospitals—Lankenau Medical Center, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Paoli Hospital and Riddle Hospital—as well as one of the nation’s premier facilities for rehabilitative medicine, Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital.
Main Line Health also includes:
- Mirmont Treatment Center for drug and alcohol recovery, one of the Northeast region’s leading addiction treatment facilities and one of several uniquely designated behavioral health centers at Main Line Health
- HomeCare & Hospice, which brings to patients at home a coordinated array of health services and products, including skilled home health care, hospice, home infusion services, extended home care, and respiratory and home medical equipment
- Main Line Health Centers, located in Broomall, Collegeville, Concordville, Exton and Newtown Square, including primary care doctors, specialists, laboratory, radiology, rehabilitation and other outpatient services
- Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, a non-profit biomedical research organization on the campus of Lankenau Medical Center, dedicated to advancing an understanding of the causes of cancer, diabetes and heart disease to help improve diagnosis and treatment as well as prevention
- Main Line HealthCare, one of the region’s largest multi-specialty physician networks
Our commitment—to deliver advanced medicine to treat and cure disease while also playing an important role in prevention and disease management as well as training physicians and other health care providers—reflects our intent to keep our community and ourselves well ahead. A team of more than 10,000 employees and 2,000 physicians care for patients throughout Main Line Health’s continuum of care.
Recent recognition for clinical excellence
- One of only 22 health systems in the US to receive System Magnet® designation, the nation’s highest distinction for nursing excellence (American Nurses Credentialing Center)
- Repeatedly one of the Best Places to Work in the Greater Philadelphia area (Philadelphia Business Journal)
- Our four acute care hospitals have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Hospital” rankings as among the top 10 in the Philadelphia region. In addition to the regional ranking, Lankenau Medical Center was listed as among the 10 best hospitals in the state of Pennsylvania (U.S. News and World Report)
- Year after year, named one of the Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems for a commitment to implementing innovative technology solutions (Hospitals and Health Networks magazine)
- Accreditation of all four Main Line Health acute care hospitals (Lankenau Medical Center, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Paoli Hospital and Riddle Hospital) as primary stroke care centers, comprehensive breast centers, and chest pain centers
- Our hospitals have all received NICHE designation. The NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders) designation indicates an organization’s commitment to elder care excellence by stimulating senior focused-transformation in the culture of health care facilities and achieving patient-centered care for older adults
Each year, Main Line Health receives thousands of charitable donations, both large and small, from the community.
Many people give to the Annual Fund, or make special gifts to projects such as capital campaigns for new facilities and technology, or choose to make planned gifts, such as bequests in their will or a life-income gift to establish an endowment in an area of their interest.
Employees are also key contributors. In fiscal year 2017, a total of 2,433 employees contributed to the Annual Fund. These gifts help to ensure that Main Line Health continues to provide the highest quality and most compassionate health care possible.