The health and safety of our patients, families and staff is our top priority. Our visitation guidelines balance preventing the spread of COVID-19 with the needs of our patients and their loved ones. We continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our community, and may update the guidelines as needed to provide safe care to everyone.
Lankenau Medical Center, offering tertiary and quaternary care, is a comprehensive medical complex located on 93 acres just outside the western city limits of Philadelphia. Lankenau provides patients with primary through highly specialized care as well as access to clinical trials.
Lankenau Medical Center, part of Main Line Health, has been devoted to the health and well-being of the community since 1860. Our continued dedication to service, compassionate patient care and superior clinical programs make Lankenau a preferred destination for care by people throughout the Philadelphia region. Our campus is easy to get to, with convenient and affordable valet and self-parking available on site.
As a longtime teaching and research hospital, Lankenau Medical Center is committed to maintaining high-level expertise across all clinical areas—from primary care and disease prevention to medical and surgical management of all diseases and disorders. Our surgeons, medical doctors, nurses, researchers and other clinicians are consistently recognized for providing outstanding care. Specialty care includes:
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Lankenau Heart Institute
- Main Line Health Cancer Care
- Advanced gastrointestinal (GI) and GI endoscopy program
- Colorectal Center
- Maternity and high-risk obstetrics
- Orthopaedics and spine
- Emergency and trauma care
Among the region's best
U.S. News & World Report has released its 2021-2022 Best Hospital rankings, and once more, Lankenau Medical Center has been recognized among the very best.
Lankenau Medical Center once again is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 5 hospitals out of nearly 100 in the Philadelphia region and among the top 10 hospitals out of more than 200 in Pennsylvania.
In addition to the complex care evaluated in the Best Hospitals specialty rankings, U.S. News rates hospitals for their performance in treating commonly occurring conditions and medical procedures.
Lankenau is rated as high performing in the following specialties, conditions and procedures:
- Cardiology and heart surgery
- Aortic valve surgery
- Back surgery (spinal fusion)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Colon cancer surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart failure
- Hip replacement
- Kidney failure
- Knee replacement
- Lung cancer surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR)
Founded in 1927, Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) is devoted to advancing innovative new approaches to formidable medical challenges, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal disorders, autoimmune diseases and regenerative medicine, as well as population health.
Expansion and renovations
Major expansions and renovations to meet the growing needs of our patients have transformed our campus. We offer the most advanced and innovative treatments in a modern, comfortable, patient-centered environment. Recent improvements include:
- Tripling the size of the Emergency Department and Level II Trauma Center efficiently configured to maximize safety, privacy and comfort, while providing the highest level of care including private waiting areas, private check-in areas, 57 private treatment rooms, and direct access parking.
- World-class, state-of-the-art Heart Pavilion
- Leading-edge technology including the most advanced robotic surgical systems, imaging equipment and operating suites
- The Barbara Brodsky Suites—offering distinctive private inpatient accommodations, deluxe amenities and personal concierge
- Shabbat Suite
- Fully renovated lobbies, all-private patient rooms, new preadmission testing lab, food court-style cafeteria and expanded parking lots