At Main Line Health, your primary care physician (PCP) is your main doctor over the course of many years, and treat the whole person, not just a disease or an organ system. Your Main Line Health PCP is your personal physician, health advocate and wellness advisor throughout all the stages of your life:
- Diagnosing and treating common medical problems
- Helping you maintain good health and prevent disease
- Treating serious illness
- Maintaining your medical history such as regular screenings and checkups
- Managing and coordinating care should a specialist be required
Understanding the types of primary care doctors
Both family practice and internal medicine physicians serve as PCPs.
- Family medicine doctors – focus on caring for the entire family—infants, children and adults
- Internal medicine doctors – focus on adults, 18 years of age or older.
- Geriatric medicine doctors – focus on the care of the elderly
Our primary care doctors offer an array of services
- Preventive health – such as well-child care, adult physicals, geriatric assessments, well-woman exams, contraceptive maintenance, school and sports physicals, flu shots and immunizations, weight-loss guidance and other risk behavior reductions such as smoking cessation
- Acute care for minor illnesses – illnesses such as colds and flu, sore throats, coughs, headache and in-office procedures such as skin removals, mole biopsy, laceration repair and preoperative consultations
- Care for minor injuries – such as sprains, falls and burns
- Chronic disease management – such as management of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, COPD, acne, diabetes, hypothyroid, depression, anxiety, allergies, asthma and complex disabilities
- LGBTQ Inclusive Care – providing a safe environment where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) patients, families and visitors can expect inclusive primary and preventive care services
Our primary care doctors have advanced training and experience
All of Main Line Health's PCPs are board-certified and have exceptional credentials. They will be your partners in your personal health care.