About pediatric care at Main Line Health
We're dedicated to providing exceptional care for your kids close to home. Doctors from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) collaborate with Main Line Health staff to provide warm, comforting and high-quality treatment for infants, children and teens.
The ongoing collaboration between Main Line Health and CHOP brings the best from both groups of clinicians — world-class pediatric experts from CHOP and dedicated, local Main Line staff who have built long-term relationships with families like yours. Together we bring cutting-edge research and standardized clinical pathways that ensure consistency of care and innovative quality improvement projects.
In addition, Main Line Health's neonatal intensive care units (NICU) are staffed by neonatology specialists from CHOP. Board-certified neonatologists and neonatal advance practice providers provide high-quality, specialized newborn and neonatal intensive care for newborns and babies.
The pediatric team at Main Line Health elevates the care your family has access to, leading to improved outcomes and a better quality of life for your child. When it comes to your "little human," all healthcare will be compassionate care.
Pediatric Emergency Department and Pediatric Unit at Bryn Mawr Hospital
We understand that emergency treatment and admission to the hospital can be alarming for children and parents. When your child needs to go to the emergency department (ED), you want to know they'll receive outstanding, timely care delivered by a skilled clinical team. CHOP clinicians are available in the Bryn Mawr Hospital ED to provide consultation and are the primary attending physicians in the ED for pediatric patients.
Our pediatric emergency program features:
- Pediatric treatment area and waiting room with child-sized furniture and interactive toys.
- Emergency transport when advanced pediatric hospital services are needed.
- Because caring for children is vastly different than caring for adults, our team of pediatricians, pediatric emergency physicians and pediatric-trained nurses, pediatric pharmacists and pediatric radiologists offer specialized procedures just for kids, such as lower-dose X-rays and appropriate medicine dosages, based on age and weight.
To care for your child 24 hours a day, seven days a week is a team of board-certified pediatricians from CHOP working with our pediatric advanced life support-trained pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, physical, speech and occupational therapists and social workers — providing outstanding care specially tailored to the unique medical and emotional needs of children, ensuring they receive the right care and medications.
Our pediatric unit with 14 private beds includes:
- A separate treatment room for medical procedures
- 24-hour visitation for parents
- A room full of toys and a place for your child to be a kid again
- Xboxes and flat-screen TVs in every room
When you wish to remain overnight and near your child, you'll find sleep chairs in every room. There is also a family lounge area with a television and sofas where you can relax outside your child's room. Free Wi-Fi is also available.
Content you want, delivered to your inbox
Want to get the latest health and wellness articles delivered right to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Well Ahead Newsletter.