Specialized, high-level care, close to home
When your child is sick or injured… When the illness you thought was urgent suddenly turns emergent… When your newborn needs specialized attention…you want the best care you can get, as close to home as possible. Main Line Health and Nemours duPont Pediatrics provides families in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties—access to outstanding pediatric medical care—right here in our community.
Working together so kids do better.
Main Line Health and Nemours duPont Pediatrics
The only pediatric emergency program on the Main Line
Nemours pediatric emergency medicine physicians and hospitalists have teamed up with Bryn Mawr Hospital nurses to bring a new level of pediatric emergency care to the community. Our pediatric emergency program features:
- Pediatric surgical specialists available for consultation and surgery 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Pediatric treatment area and waiting room with child-sized furniture and interactive toys
- Emergency transport when advanced pediatric hospital services are needed
Because caring for children is vastly different than caring for adults, our team of pediatricians, pediatric emergency physicians, pediatric pharmacists and pediatric radiologists offer specialized procedures just for kids, such as lower-dose X-rays and appropriate medicine dosages, based on age and weight.
The only pediatric unit on the Main Line
To care for your child 24 hours a day, seven days a week is our team of board-certified pediatricians from Nemours working with our pediatric advanced life support-trained pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, physical, speech and occupational therapists and social workers—providing outstanding care specially tailored to the unique medical and emotional needs of children.
At Main Line Health, parents are always welcome, and to further contribute to your child’s comfort and security, the same nurse who cares for your child before surgery is often the same one to care for your child after surgery.
Our pediatric unit with 14 private beds includes:
- A separate treatment room for medical procedures – So your child’s own room remains a place to relax and be comfortable
- 24-hour visitation for parents – So you never have to leave your child’s side
- Playroom – A room full of toys and a place for your child to be a kid again
- Xboxes and flat-screen TVs in every room – So kids and families can enjoy games and movies
- Art, music, and pet therapy – Innovative approaches to health and healing for our young patients
When you wish to remain overnight and near your child, you’ll find sleep chairs in every room. There is also a family lounge area with television and sofas where you can relax outside your child’s room. Free Wi-Fi is available.
Caring for our most precious babies
Whether your baby has been born prematurely or at full term but needing intensive care, it is important for you to know that most problems are temporary and correctable. What your baby needs is time—time for the premature newborn to mature and time for the high-risk newborn to overcome severe illness. For both, all Main Line Health’s neonatal intensive care units (NICU) are staffed by neonatology specialists from Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. Nemours neonatology specialists work in our neonatal intensive care units (NICU), providing 24/7 highly skilled critical care for newborns and babies.