We are with you every step of the way
From your first prenatal visit through labor, delivery and recovery, our renowned physicians and highly skilled nursing staff deliver high quality care in a nurturing environment. Main Line Health has expert physicians for every step of the way.
Whether you’re having your first child or your third, it’s definitely helpful to know what to expect along the way. At Main Line Health, we’re committed to making your pregnancy and delivery the most positive experience possible. That’s why we’ve created this guide full of information to help you prepare.
Childbirth education classes
We offer a variety of childbirth classes to help you and your partner learn about and become comfortable with the childbirth process. Our classes focus on both the physical and emotional aspects of labor and delivery, including breathing and relaxation techniques, breastfeeding, the role of support person and tours of our maternity units.
Benefits of choosing Main Line Health for you and your baby
Having a baby at one of Main Line Health’s four hospitals in the Philadelphia suburbs provides you with access to
- Fertility specialists
- Convenient outpatient prenatal and perinatal testing sites
- A regional network of OB/GYN physicians
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Private suites with modern amenities
- High-risk pregnancy centers
- Pregnancy wellness information, educational classes and maternity unit tours
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICU)
- Level II NICU at Paoli Hospital and Riddle Hospital
- Level III NICU at Lankenau Medical Center and Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Lactation and breastfeeding services
- Outpatient mental health services through the Women’s Emotional Wellness Center
- Mason Shaffer Public Cord Blood Donation
- Dedicated pediatric emergency program and collaboration with Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Nemours infant/neonatal and pediatric subspecialists
- Highly skilled and dedicated nursing teams
- Multi-specialty physicians to address a mother’s high-risk conditions