Here are some ways you can qualify for weight loss surgery
Not everyone qualifies for weight loss surgery. Before scheduling an appointment or registering for one of our free information sessions, be sure to review the eligibility requirements for weight loss surgery.
To qualify, you must:
- Be age 18 years or older
- Have a BMI (body mass index) of:
- 40 or greater without other risk factors OR
- 35 or greater with weight-related risk factors, such as:
- Have weight-related quality of life impairment
- Be willing to participate in long-term follow-up care
- Be willing to take prescribed vitamins and minerals as needed
If you are unsure whether you qualify for weight loss surgery, call us anyway!
If you are not a candidate for surgery, you might benefit from other kinds of medical weight loss solutions overseen by a bariatrician through our Comprehensive Weight and Wellness Program.
Bariatric surgery isn't just for people with extreme obesity. This 4½-minute video illustrates how it is a life-altering and lifelong solution for many who have been unable to lose and keep weight off with diet and exercise alone.
Source: American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
For more information or to schedule a consultation, call 484.476.6230.
Bariatric surgery options Register for a free information session