Comprehensive Weight and Wellness
About the comprehensive weight and wellness program
It can be difficult to ask for help, especially when you’ve been working hard to achieve something for a long time. We see you as an individual with unique needs, so whether your best options are for medical or surgical weight loss, the clinicians at Main Line Health can help you find a solution that works best for you.
Main Line Health’s Comprehensive Weight and Wellness Program offers you a convenient, single point-of-entry for specialized treatments, education and support based on:
- Weight loss goals
- Your current health conditions
- Your lifestyle and behaviors
- Your own unique history of weight management
- Genetic factors
Based on all of the above, our team of professionals will determine which weight loss solution is right for you. We’ll work with you to address anything that influences your health and well-being as it relates to obesity and being overweight.
A full range of safe, effective and affordable weight loss options
Upon entering the program, patients receive a comprehensive evaluation by our clinical providers. Following your assessment, our team will recommend a personalized plan designed to support your healthy weight loss and long-term success.
For some, the answer may be a conservative approach that involves adjusting diet, lifestyle and physical activity, in addition to weight loss medication, when appropriate. For others, bariatric surgery may be a better option to address lifestyle and health needs. In every case, the goals are the same: achieve a healthy weight and reduce weight related health risks.
In every case, the goals are the same: achieve a healthy weight and reduce the risk of weight-related health risks. Program services include:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment, including body composition and metabolic evaluation
- FDA-approved weight-loss medications, when appropriate
- Dietitian-directed meal plans and medically supervised low-calorie diets
- Exercise physiologist-directed physical activity and exercise plans
- Educational classes and support groups
- Psychological/emotional wellness counseling
If your assessment determines you're a candidate for weight loss surgery, our bariatric surgeons perform minimally invasive surgical options such as:
- Laparoscopic roux-en-y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Endoscopic bariatric revisional procedures
IMPORTANT NOTE: Obtaining weight loss medications is strictly dependent upon insurance coverage through your prescription plan and availability of the supply from the pharmaceutical company.
Weight loss solutions are available at Main Line Health. Explore your bariatric surgery options today at locations throughout the Philadelphia area.
Meet Main Line Health’s dietitians to learn how you can eat well for life and potentially prevent adverse health conditions through changes in your diet.
Content you want, delivered to your inbox
Want to get the latest health and wellness articles delivered right to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Well Ahead Newsletter.