For women and men suffering from ongoing conditions like urinary or fecal incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse or pelvic pain syndrome, our pelvic floor rehabilitation program provides comprehensive evaluations, diagnostic testing and therapy. Bryn Mawr Rehab has physical therapists who are certified pelvic floor therapists located in the Philadelphia suburbs of Collegeville, Media, Paoli and Wynnewood, who help patients reach their goals step by step.
Pelvic floor treatment: Our approach
As with every program at our Bryn Mawr Rehab outpatient facilities, we develop a pelvic floor rehabilitation routine that is personalized for each individual. Here are just some of the services our team of therapists offers:
- Fluid and dietary management
- Assessment and treatment of pelvic muscle weakness
- Biofeedback training to help find and strengthen pelvic muscles
- Electrical stimulation therapy to recondition bladder muscles
- Bladder retraining to manage urinary frequency and urgency
- Exercise programs that strengthen the pelvic floor and help control urgency
Patients in our pelvic floor rehab program require daily attention to help strengthen and rebuild muscles necessary for continence and control.