Diabetes management program can help you stay active and healthy
The Diabetes Management Program is designed to help you take charge of your health by learning about diabetes and the importance of controlling your blood sugar (glucose) level. Our goal is to keep you as healthy and active as possible and minimize potential complications.
Our program is designed for individuals with type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes and may include:
- Individual consultations with a registered nurse (RN) or registered dietitian (RD) who are Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
- A comprehensive course in diabetes management
A 10-year research study completed by the National Institutes of Health proved that good blood-glucose control prevents or delays many of the complications of diabetes.
Support and skills you need to manage your diabetes
Our individual consults and group classes are conducted by nurses and dieticians who are certified diabetes educators. Specific topics include:
- What is diabetes?
- Measuring your own blood sugar
- Meal planning and nutrition education
- Using exercise to control your diabetes
- Medication management
We’re here to provide you with the information ad skills you need to take on the responsibility of managing your diabetes with confidence. This includes life skills like managing stress and avoiding potential problems which could impact your overall wellness. We've helped countless individuals with diabetes live healthy, active, productive lives.