Participation in Main Line Health Physician Partners requires Main Line Health medical staff membership, privileges, or CIN courtesy affiliation. As a condition of membership with MLHPP, member practices are required to use a certified electronic medical records system in a meaningful manner. Practices are encouraged to act upon the valuable data and feedback we provide, and to participate in practice meetings and Main Line Health-sponsored educational programs.
Primary care provider criteria
- Provide quarterly data for specified CMS clinical quality measures (CQMs).
- Participate in care coordination activities.
- Provide timely access to care.
- Use data for relevant patient outreach and focus on achievement of value-based care delivery.
Specialist care provider criteria
- Provide routine consultation within two to four weeks; urgent or emergency consultation within one to two days.
- Send follow-up reports to referring provider within 48 to 72 hours of visit. When appropriate, contacts primary care physician to consult by phone same day as visit.
- Be conscious of cost-effective options when suggesting evaluation and treatment, while maintaining best practice and highest quality care.
- Encourage a primary care provider if patient does not have one.
For more information, please contact Melissa Rafferty, system director, clinically integrated network, at 484.580.4002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.