Dr. Lawrence Livornese is a board-certified Infectious Disease specialist with over 25 years of experience caring for patients with Delaware Valley Infectious Disease Associates. Named “Top Doc” by U.S. News and World Report for providing the highest quality of care to his patients, Dr. Livornese believes in providing compassionate, scientifically based, patient-centered care in the treatment and the prevention of infectious diseases.
After graduating with honors from Lafayette College with a bachelor of arts degree in chemistry, Dr. Livornese received his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Infectious Diseases at the Medical College of Pennsylvania and holds a certificate in Travel Medicine from the International Society of Travel Medicine.
In addition to caring for patients, Dr. Livornese serves as the Chairman of the Department of Medicine for Main Line Health and is the holder of the endowed Dorrance H. Hamilton Chair in Medicine. He is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. He enjoys many sports and spending time outdoors. He has devotes much of his free time as a scout leader for the Boy Scouts of America. In honor of his steadfast commitment to the Boy Scouts of America, he was awarded the Scoutmaster Award of Merit.
Dr. Livornese currently resides with his wife Dr. Marilyn Howarth in Gladwyne, PA. He has three adult children: two sons and one daughter.
- Medical Executive Committee, Main Line Health
- Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee, Main Line Health
- Board of Trustees, Lankenau Institute for Medical Research
- Philadelphia Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- International Society of Travel Medicine
- Fellow, Infectious Disease Society of America
Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Gender: Male
- Years of Experience: 27
- Language: English
Accepting New Patients
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Medical College of Pennsylvania & Hahnemann University
- Attending Physician
- Chairman, Department of Medicine, Main Line Health System