About Fellowship Programs
Main Line Health offers fully accredited fellowships. Physicians receive excellent training and are given the tools to meet today's changing health care needs. Our programs offer academic and clinical challenges in an environment of suburban and urban communities that offer excellent prospects for your fellowship, your family and your future in medicine. Applications are processed through ERAS.
Main Line Health is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. With that goal in mind, Main Line Health implemented the “Tobacco and Nicotine Use Impact on Employment Policy” aimed at reducing the use of tobacco and nicotine products among Main Line Health employees. As part of the policy, applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-day period prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health, and that they will remain tobacco free during their employment with the health system.
Choose a career in medicine that will make a positive difference in your life and your future.
Fellowship programs we offer
Salary, Benefits and Contract
- PGY1: $72,333
- PGY2: $73,700
- PGY3: $76,652
- PGY4: $80,000
- PGY5: $83,063
- PGY6: $86,541
- PGY7: $90,000
- Direct deposit of paychecks
- Free parking (some limitations apply; see program coordinator for details)
- Benefits start on day one of training—no waiting period
- Savings and 403B programs available to residents
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available through payroll deduction
- Malpractice tail coverage provided for full protection at completion of training
- Employee Assistance Program – FirstCall
- Three weeks of paid vacation for all PGY levels
- Five personal days per year
- 12 sick days per year
- On-call meal allowance while in hospital
- Night float meal allowance
- On-call room, as required per schedule
- Leadership opportunities, including House Staff Officers, Resident Wellness Committee, Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion Committee, and more
- Food availability during cafeteria off-shift hours – trainee designated lounges stocked with drinks and snacks. Snack and drink vending machines throughout hospitals, and healthy meal options from Byte and Farmer’s Fridge vending machines
- Continuing education benefits:
- PGY I: None
- PGY II: $1,500
- PGY III: $1,800
- PGY IV: $1,800
- PGY V: $2,000
- PGY VI: $2,000
- PGY VII: $2,100
- $300 Book allowance
- Three free lab coats
It is the responsibility of Main Line Health's Institutional Official for Graduate Medical Education to provide all applicants to our Residency training programs with a copy of the complete and accurate contract that the applicants would be expected to sign should they match with one of our programs via the NRMP match.
Please see the trainee contract below. If you encounter any problems opening the document or you would prefer a hard copy, please contact the Main Line Health System Director of Graduate Medical Education, Jennifer Banas, at [email protected].
Patient Safety, Quality Initiatives and Research
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research’s mission is to advance health and well-being through research to improve the detection and treatment of disease, the rapid transfer of new technology to the clinical setting, and the training of the next generation of scientists and physicians. The scientists, physicians and clinicians at Lankenau are leading or participating in hundreds of clinical studies to advance treatment for cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other areas of medicine. As a resident, you will have opportunities to join in clinical or bench research projects with dedicated research rotations.
- 80 researchers
- NIH-designated National Community Oncology Research Program
- Over 100 open clinical trials in oncology
- Dozens of open clinical trials in cardiology
- Brand new population research center