Please review these admissions guidelines so you are prepared for your hospital stay.
To make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible, you should bring:
- Slippers and bathrobe
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair brush and comb
- Shampoo/hair care and personal hygiene products
- Denture care supplies
- Eyeglasses and case
- Small amount of cash for purchases such as the daily newspaper
We suggest you wear your dressing gown, bathrobe and slippers every time you leave your room. Please do not keep valuables, such as cash, important papers, credit cards, cellphones or jewelry in your room. We suggest you leave these items at home or place them in the hospital safe. Your nurse can assist your with the safekeeping of your belongings. Please remember that the hospital cannot be responsible for the disappearance or damage of your personal possessions. If you discover something is missing, immediately contact a staff member on your floor, who will then contact the security department.
How can patients help?
- Remove any community (charity or fashion) wristbands while in the hospital to avoid any possible confusion among these bands and those used for purposes of your health care.
- Only wear the wristband placed by hospital staff.
- Tell a nurse if a wristband falls of during your stay.