Lankenau Medical Center, offering tertiary and quaternary care, is a comprehensive medical complex located on 93 acres just outside the western city limits of Philadelphia. Lankenau provides patients with primary through highly specialized care as well as access to clinical trials.
Lankenau Medical Center, part of Main Line Health, has been devoted to the health and well-being of the community since 1860. Our continued dedication to service, compassionate patient care and superior clinical programs make Lankenau a preferred destination for care by people throughout the Philadelphia region. Our campus is easy to get to, with convenient and affordable valet and self-parking available on site.
As a longtime teaching and research hospital, Lankenau Medical Center is committed to maintaining high-level expertise across all clinical areas—from primary care and disease prevention to medical and surgical management of all diseases and disorders. Our surgeons, medical doctors, nurses, researchers and other clinicians are consistently recognized for providing outstanding care. Specialty care includes:
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Lankenau Heart Institute
- Main Line Health Cancer Care
- Advanced gastrointestinal (GI) and GI endoscopy program
- Colorectal Center
- Maternity and high-risk obstetrics
- Orthopaedics and spine
- Emergency and trauma care
Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR)
Founded in 1927, Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) is devoted to advancing innovative new approaches to formidable medical challenges, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, gastrointestinal disorders, autoimmune diseases and regenerative medicine, as well as population health.
Expansion and renovations
Major expansions and renovations to meet the growing needs of our patients have transformed our campus. We offer the most advanced and innovative treatments in a modern, comfortable, patient-centered environment. Recent improvements include:
- Tripling the size of the Emergency Department and Level II Trauma Center efficiently configured to maximize safety, privacy and comfort, while providing the highest level of care including private waiting areas, private check-in areas, 57 private treatment rooms, and direct access parking.
- World-class, state-of-the-art Heart Pavilion
- Leading-edge technology including the most advanced robotic surgical systems, imaging equipment and operating suites
- The Barbara Brodsky Suites—offering distinctive private inpatient accommodations, deluxe amenities and personal concierge
- Shabbat Suite
- Fully renovated lobbies, all-private patient rooms, new preadmission testing lab, food court-style cafeteria and expanded parking lots