- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp fresh sage
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup liquid low-cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/4 cup low salt chicken or turkey stock
- Chop the onion and celery. Chop the fresh herbs. (If fresh herbs are unavailable, replace with 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs.) Cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan. Sauté the onion and celery until tender. Remove from heat.
- Toss in the cubed bread, pepper, poultry seasoning, fresh herbs and cranberries.
- Mix egg product and stock. Pour it into the bread mixture and mix lightly.
- Place the stuffing into the turkey body cavity and neck to cook, or bake stuffing separately in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray at 350º F for 45 minutes.