Main Line Health Annual Fall Trauma Symposium
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
6:00 - 8:30 PM
On November 9th, Main Line Health will offer its annual Fall Trauma Symposium designed for physicians, nurses, mid-level providers, pre-hospital emergency medical service personnel and other interested allied health care professionals.
Having received wide acclaim from our attendees, our dynamic expert speakers address the key concerns identified in today’s trauma care arena and the impact on patient outcomes, which is the key to its success. The Main Line Health Annual Fall Trauma Symposium will feature presentations on the latest advances and topics in trauma, while emphasizing the importance of quality patient care.
At the conclusion of the symposium participants should be able to discuss the most current trends in trauma care specific to extremity focused trauma management, neurological trauma assessment of children, and frailty assessment in the geriatric trauma patient.
Additional objectives include:
- Discuss when blood on CT imaging is clinically significant when caring for children who have sustained a traumatic brain injury
- Identify how frailty is measured and its impact on outcomes for the traumatically injured older adult
- Discuss the surgical and interventional options in mangled extremity care management
Topics and speakers
- Trauma and Frailty: More than just the Dwindles – Cathy A. Maxwell, PhD, R.N. FAAN, Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, Tennessee
- The Will Be Blood... On the CT scan - Joseph H. Piatt, M.D., FACS, Chief, Division of Neurosurgery, Nemours Children’s Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware
- Management of the Mangled Extremity - Robert Brooks, D.O., Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Orthopedic Surgery; Main Line Health – Paoli Hospital
Continuing education credits:
- EMS: This program has been approved for 2.5 hours of Con-ed credit.
- CE: Contact hours for the following disciplines have been applied for: nursing.
Please register online by November 8, 2022. For questions or assistance with registration, call 484.565.8328 or email [email protected].
Registration fee: No cost.
Main Line Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Main Line Health is approved as a provider of emergency medical service continuing education by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Conflict of interest statement: Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing education activities sponsored by Main Line Health are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
There is no commercial support for this program.
The on-line presentation is necessitated due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing. This on-line presentation ensures our ability to continue to help healthcare providers and others remain prepared to address patient and community needs, even during the COVID-19 pandemic, by ensuring the continuing education of our physicians and other front line providers.