The Speech & Language Department includes pediatric occupational and physical therapies as well as speech-language pathology and audiology services. Our team of professionals is experienced in the evaluation and treatment of a wide range of medical, physical, and developmental disorders that affect children
Each play-based therapy session is conducted in a child-friendly environment with a focus on the specific goals established during the child’s evaluation. Therapy activities are designed to meet the individual needs of each child, and parents are encouraged to participate in the sessions to facilitate carryover of the trained skills to other environments.
The Riddle Outpatient Pediatric Services (ROPeS) team is dedicated to providing fun and effective therapeutic care for each child. We understand and emphasize the importance of individualized therapy planning and are committed to the achievement of every child’s goals.
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Language Therapy
- Social Skills Group
Our professional staff members are enthusiastic and creative in their approaches to pediatric patient care. We encourage each child to advance their skills in a playful way, using effective treatment approaches and positive reinforcement.
- Have earned advanced degrees, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate level
- Hold Pennsylvania licensure
- Hold national certification with either ASHA, AAA, NBCOT
- Participate in continuing education to expand/enhance knowledge and skills
- Have special areas of interest, including:
- Autism and pervasive developmental disorders
- Early language development