A treatment plan for addiction—and the foundation for a lifetime of recovery
At Mirmont Treatment Center with inpatient and outpatient locations in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, we work with patients to develop an individualized treatment plan for addiction based on individual needs and goals for drug and alcohol recovery. In an atmosphere of trust and safety we help patients work through issues that may have fueled addiction to drugs or alcohol and continue to keep them stuck in the cycle of dependence. The goal of this process is to develop new skills, attitudes and behaviors.
Not ready to make the call? Contact us online.
As part of our individualized treatment plan for addiction, patients meet one-on-one with a therapist on a regular basis to discuss any challenges during the initial recovery process and to identify factors that have contributed to drug or alcohol addiction.
Individual therapy sessions often help you:
- Understand the impact of drug and alcohol addiction on your family and relationships
- Develop ways to cope with stress, anxiety and depression
- Deal effectively with physical and emotional trauma
- Learn to process your emotions and self-regulate in a healthy way
- Gain power and confidence around other life issues
Early in treatment some patients may experience ambivalence. Even with all the pain associated with drug or alcohol abuse, the questions persist: Do I really want to do this? Am I committed to staying in treatment and living sober?
During this phase, we work closely with each patient in our care to help them:
- Recognize denial and negative mental processes
- Identify triggers that lead to drug and alcohol abuse, or relapse
- Practice new skills to build and restore self-esteem
- Apply techniques to better manage the stresses of life
- View recovery as a lifelong process