Personalized drug and alcohol addiction treatment
At Mirmont Treatment Center in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, we work with you to develop a treatment plan based on your individual needs and goals for drug and alcohol recovery. In an atmosphere of trust and safety you’ll have the opportunity to work through issues that may have fueled your addiction to drugs or alcohol and continue to keep you stuck in the cycle of dependence. The goal of this process is to develop new skills, attitudes and behaviors.
As part of your individualized treatment plan, you’ll meet one-on-one with your therapist on a regular basis to discuss challenges you may be facing during the initial recovery process and to identify factors that have contributed to your drug or alcohol addiction.
Individual therapy sessions often help you:
- Understand the impact of drug and alcohol addiction on your family and relationships
- Develop ways to cope with stress, anxiety and depression
- Deal effectively with physical and emotional trauma
- Learn to process your emotions and self-regulate in a healthy way
- Gain power and confidence around other life issues
Early in treatment you may experience ambivalence. Even with the all the pain associated with drug or alcohol abuse, the questions persist: Do I really want to do this? Am I committed to staying in treatment and living sober?
During this phase, we work with you to:
- Recognize denial and negative mental processes
- Identify triggers that lead to drug and alcohol abuse, or relapse
- Practice new skills to build and restore self-esteem
- Apply techniques to better manage the stresses of life
- View recovery as a lifelong process