Surgical expertise for a wide range of vascular concerns
We have expertise in diagnosing and treating the entire spectrum of vascular disorders and the circulatory system, from varicose veins and other cosmetic concerns to limb-threatening conditions like peripheral vascular disease and abdominal aortic aneurysm. Our surgeons perform hundreds of procedures to open blocked arteries and restore healthy blood flow with traditional open surgery as well as minimally invasive and endovascular interventions. Our goal is to minimize your risk for heart attack, stroke and amputation.
Our specialists provide the full range of vascular care services using the most advanced diagnostic and treatment approaches.
- Evaluation of new or existing symptoms of vascular disease, comprehensive vascular testing, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations
- Treatment using surgical, endovascular (catheter-based), and hybrid (surgery plus catheter-based) approaches; with catheter-based approaches, a thin tube is used to insert a stent, graft, balloon, or other device to treat a blocked or damaged blood vessel
- Medical management and monitoring if other treatments are not appropriate
- Vascular care for patients who require kidney dialysis
- Second opinions on treatment for vascular disease
Treatments we provide for vascular conditions
- Aortic disease – Open and endovascular repair of aneurysms/dissections of the descending thoracic and abdominal aorta and iliac vessels
- Peripheral arterial disease – Open, endovascular, and hybrid revascularization of lower extremity occlusive disease; treatment of critical limb ischemia with ulcerations, claudication ischemic rest pain, and diabetic ulcers
- Deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolism – Catheter-directed (including intravascular ultrasound–assisted) thrombolysis for PE or large DVT (when appropriate)
- Carotid disease – Endarterectomy and stent placement (when appropriate); noninvasive management
- Hemodialysis access – Laparoscopic approaches to managing dialysis access, emphasizing autogenous options; specialized care for patients with complex access issues
- Varicose veins – Radiofrequency ablation, sclerotherapy, and surgical therapy
At Main Line Health we have a long and successful history of treating patients who have vascular disorders—including those who are considered to be high risk.
Cardiovascular clinical trials at Main Line Health
Main Line Health uses clinical trials to help prevent, diagnose and treat the full range of heart and vascular conditions. Learn more about the cardiovascular clinical trials currently being offered by our renowned cardiologists and heart and vascular surgeons.