- Grants are available to support original research by health care professionals at Bryn Mawr Hospital and other Main Line Health hospitals.
- Priority will be given to research proposals by practicing physicians and other health care professionals at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Projects that have the potential to lead to advances in clinical practice are encouraged.
- Funds for travel to national meetings for presentation of results are available with prior approval from the Treasurer. Reimbursement for publication costs of funded studies in peer reviewed journals is available.
- A maximum of $50,000 per project is available for a period of one year starting on July 1, 2019. A few grants will be considered for an award of $75,000 IF THERE IS CLEAR JUSTIFICATION in the research and budget sections explaining why the additional funds are crucial to the project. Most awards will be for $50,000 in an effort to encourage as many research projects as possible. If the project is not completed within one year, the investigator may apply for funding in the next funding cycle.
- Assistance in refining your research proposal prior to submission is available from experienced investigators. Such assistance is strongly encouraged especially for investigators who do not have extensive research experience.
- Investigators agree to abide by the foundation’s intellectual property policy (PDF).
Instructions for submitting your proposal application
Submit a complete electronic version of your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org and seven hard-copies by 12:00 pm on Wednesday, January 16, 2019 to:
Sharpe-Strumia Research Foundation Office
130 South Bryn Mawr Avenue
H-Wing, Room 110
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- Instructions for submission of proposals (PDF)
- Additional Information/Guidelines (PDF)
- Additional special instructions for 2018 (PDF)
Forms for your proposal
IMPORTANT: Please save a copy of this PDF to your computer before you begin and use that file to complete your application.
The free Adobe Reader DC program will allow you to open the document, fill in fields and save a copy to email. Opening the file in older versions of Adobe Reader or web browsers will not allow you to fill out the form and save, only print.
For further information and forms
Contact Louise Gethers at 484.337.4244 or email email@example.com.