Get ready for your telemedicine appointment
If you’re new to videoconferencing, there are a few steps you need to take to prepare for your telemedicine appointment. This will help you get the most benefit from your appointment and will also help our telemedicine providers be of the most service.
Already have an appointment?
Main Line HealthCare telemedicine uses Zoom for video conferencing with patients. In order to use Zoom, you must have:
- A smartphone or tablet, or laptop or desktop computer
- Good Wi-Fi signal and a strong internet connection
- Well-charged device (phone, tablet or computer)
- Flexibility, because with technology sometimes there are glitches that need to be worked out!
Downloading Zoom for telemedicine appointment
In order to participate by video conference, you’ll be required to set up a FREE Zoom account.
Once you’ve downloaded Zoom and set up your account, it’s a good idea to browse around Zoom to familiarize yourself with the program. You do not have to be a Zoom expert, however! Before your actual appointment, we will provide you with a dedicated, private link, through which you can communicate your needs in a secure environment.
Here are a few other suggestions for having a successful telemedicine appointment:
- Arrive 10 minutes early on the call (videoconference). This will help you stay relaxed and focused throughout the consult.
- Make sure you’re in a private, comfortable space in your home or some secure environment where you can speak freely and openly about any questions or concerns.
- Do a practice video call to ensure your internet connection is good.
And thank you so much for your patience as we navigate these challenging times together—face-to-face.