Clinical Pastoral Education
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) training, a form of interfaith theological education, takes place in hospitals, health systems, hospice centers and other clinical settings.
At Main Line Health, we teach spiritual care values as an essential part of our CPE Program. Main Line Health offers an Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE, Inc.) accredited Program. Our chaplains are person-centered and trained to listen empathetically. They help people from all contexts and cultural, spiritual and religious backgrounds to find meaning in their experience.
By working with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, patients and visitors, students develop interpersonal and interprofessional skills.
Our Clinical Pastoral Education training program
Main Line Health offers CPE Units throughout the year (see posted schedule for enrollment updates) at Lankenau Medical Center with clinical placements throughout the system. Tuition is $650 for first-time Main Line Health CPE Students in a 400-hour CPE Unit program for Level IA, Level IB, Level IIA or Level IIB. Tuition is $500 for returning MLH CPE students.
- The 2024 Summer Intensive Unit, May 28-August 6: All positions are filled and enrollment is closed.
- The 2024-2025 Extended Unit, October 14-May 12: Enrollment is open; applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The 2025 Summer Intensive Unit, date tba: Enrollment is open; applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Our clinical pastoral educator:
Rev. Lynne Mikulak, MDiv, MSW, BCC
Manager of Clinical Pastoral Education
ACPE Certified Educator
Main Line Health
How to apply to the CPE training at Main Line Health
For more information about the CPE training program at Main Line Health, please contact the Spiritual Health and Education Department at 484.476.2029 or email [email protected].
- To apply for the CPE program, download the form from the ACPE website and email it directly to [email protected]
- Read the Annual Notice for Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)