Main Line Health's state recognized Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program is a year-long program structured to support graduate nurse's transition to competency and professionalism. The curriculum emphasizes nursing leadership behaviors, nurse driven outcomes and professional development. Our goal is to enhance our nurse graduates' critical thinking skills, as well as their ability to use outcome data to promote patient safety.
As a nurse resident, you will be hired into a full time position, with the ability to gain valuable, hands on experience, while working with a cultivated team of nursing professionals. Main Line Health offers all nurse residents a 1:1 precepted orientation which is based on the clinical specialty and the individual learning needs of the new graduate. On-going supervised training and educational opportunities are provided to all nurse residents hired by Main Line Health.
All applicants must be a graduate of a diploma, ASN or BSN program within the last year or an upcoming graduate of a diploma, ASN or BSN program within the next six months.
Apply to the Nurse Residency Program
Uploading documents to your application
Please attach the below required documents into separate PDF or Word documents. Please upload as attachments with your application when applying and ensure they are viewable when sending.
Document format: separately titled Last name-First name-Document title (example: Smith-John-Resume).
Required application documents
The following information is required for the application to be considered complete and MUST be attached to your application.
- Current resume with (anticipated) graduation date
- Valid CPR card
- Unofficial transcript which MUST include your cumulative GPA
- Official transcript will be required if you are offered a position
- Clinical narrative (learn more about the clinical narrative)
- One letter of recommendation is required to be uploaded to your application/general profile prior to an offer being made.
- All letters must be from a clinical instructor.
Details to note
- While we try to have each candidate interview for their area of interest, nothing is guaranteed and is based on the applicant pool and position availability.
- Due to the high volume of applications, please refrain from contacting Human Resources to inquire about the status of your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for interview opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in Main Line Health's Nurse Residency Program!