We understand the importance of supporting our patients and families through the physical, emotional and spiritual challenges they may face during a hospital stay. That’s why we are pleased to offer the Shabbat Suite.
The Shabbat Suite offers a peaceful, comforting space for families to observe Shabbat and religious holidays while a loved one is hospitalized.
The Shabbat Suite provides sleeping accommodations for the loved ones of hospitalized patients who wish to stay at Lankenau during the Sabbath and religious holidays. Families also have 24-hour access to a private kitchen, pantry and spacious lounge for their comfort and convenience seven days a week.
Shabbat Suite features
- Two private bedrooms, each with two beds
- Bathrooms with shower facilities
- A spacious lounge and private space for minyan
- Provisions to observe the Sabbath and religious holidays
- Shabbat lamps
- Switch and outlet covers
- Private kitchen with a refrigerator, dual sink, two warming drawers and two microwaves
- A pantry and refrigerator stocked by Bikur Cholim of Philadelphia
- Access code in Hebrew allowing entrance to the locked suite
- Spring Valley Kosher frozen meals available in the cafeteria (These meals are manufactured by the MilMar Food Group in a facility with OU rabbinic supervision on premises at all times.)
Amenities for observant hospitalized patients
In order to make a patient’s Shabbat stay at Lankenau as comfortable as possible, we are happy to offer the following services and amenities.
- Spring Valley Kosher frozen meals available through room service (These meals are manufactured by the MilMar Food Group in a facility with OU rabbinic supervision on premises at all times.)
- A Shabbat cart with a small refrigerator and provisions to observe the Sabbath and religious holidays