Lankenau Medical Center is located just outside the western city limits of Philadelphia in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania (Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County). Philadelphia is served by national train and bus transportation, and by national and international air transportation. Once in Philadelphia, you can get to Lankenau Medical Center by car, taxi, train or bus.
Lankenau Medical Center
100 East Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096
- From the North – Take I-95 South to Philadelphia. Exit I-95 onto I-676/76 West in Philadelphia. Exit I-76 onto City Avenue, and turn right at the bottom of the ramp. Travel several miles South on Route 1 (City Line Avenue) to the intersection of Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue). Turn right onto Lancaster Avenue to the first traffic light. The hospital will be on your left.
- From the South – Take I-95 North. Exit I-95 onto I-476 North. Exit I-476 at the Route 1 Exit. Follow Route 1 North several miles to Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue). Turn left on Route 30 (West) to first traffic light. The hospital will be on your left.
- From the East/West – Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike to the Valley Forge Interchange (Exit 326). Exit onto I-76 East. Follow to Route 1 Exit (City Line Avenue). Exit South onto Route 1, follow for several miles to Route 30 (Lancaster Avenue). Turn right (West) onto Route 30 to first traffic light. The hospital will be on your left.
By bus or train
From Center City Philadelphia and West to Paoli
- By train – From Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station, Suburban Station, or Market East Station, take SEPTA’s Regional Rail Paoli/Thorndale Line to either Overbrook or Wynnewood. From Overbrook, it is a 15-minute walk up City Avenue to Lancaster Avenue, then west along Lancaster Avenue to the hospital. From Wynnewood, it is possible to catch the 105 bus to the hospital; ask a SEPTA official or look for the sign marking the stop in the parking lot across the street.
- By subway and bus – Take the Market-Frankford elevated line (the "El") to the 69th Street terminal, and transfer to the 105 bus to Lankenau Medical Center. The SEPTA G bus, which serves major portions of the city, also stops at Lankenau.
From the Airport
The SEPTA Regional Rail Airport Line runs from the Philadelphia International Airport to 30th Street Station, where you can take SEPTA's Regional Rail Paoli/Thorndale Line to either Overbrook or Wynnewood.
To map your trip or to find out about possible delays, visit SEPTA.org.
Self-parking is available in Garages A, B and D. There is also an accessible parking lot next to the Heart Pavilion. For your convenience, valet parking is available at the main entrance of the hospital and at the street-level entrance to the Heart Pavilion, Monday–Friday, 6:00 am–9:00 pm.
Parking rates (self-parking and valet)
- 0–30 minutes Free
- 30–60 minutes $3.00
- 1–2 hours $4.00
- 2–3 hours $5.00
- 3–24 hours $7.00