Bryn Mawr Hospital is a 287-bed, not-for-profit, acute-care teaching hospital dedicated to helping the community stay well ahead on the path to lifelong health.
Our hospital and our outpatient site at Newtown Square* offer a full range of services, including cancer care, orthopedic care, cardiovascular care, behavioral health, maternity care, bariatric surgery and a level III neonatal intensive care unit, all aided by a dedicated team of health care professionals and innovative technology such as the intuitive surgical system's da Vinci robot and NAVIO robotic arm orthopedic system.
High ranking in numerous specialty areas
In addition to our state and local rankings, U.S. News & World Report also ranked Bryn Mawr Hospital as high performing in orthopedics, and also high performing in the following specialty areas:
Attracting the best nursing talent year after year
We know that the quality of your stay with us greatly depends on the nursing care you receive. We are proud to have earned Magnet® designation for the third time by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care.
Other awards and accreditations include:
- 2015–2018 American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) Silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence awarded to Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Neuro-Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (NCICU) for the second time
- 2016–2019 AACN Silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence awarded to Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit for the second time
- Accreditation of our Cancer Center by The National Institutes of Health Commission on Cancer
- Accreditation of our Comprehensive Breast Center by The Joint Commission and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Accreditation of Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Bariatric Program by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Affiliations with Jefferson Hospital and Nemours Pediatrics
Through Bryn Mawr Hospital’s collaboration with the Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience, the university-affiliated Neurovascular Center offers rapid access to advanced diagnostics and treatment options for stroke care.
Bryn Mawr Hospital has also collaborated with Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children to include round-the-clock pediatric care for the pediatric inpatient unit and in the pediatric emergency department with additional board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Building the future of Bryn Mawr Hospital
We are delighted that Main Line Health has dedicated $250 million to renovating Bryn Mawr Hospital over the next several years, an investment that includes a new medical office building, enhancement to the garage, and a new state-of-the-art, 250,000-square-foot Patient Pavilion.
With this expansion we are building on our commitment to providing superior health care and convenience to the communities we serve.
*Services offered at the Newtown Square location are provided by the staff of Bryn Mawr Hospital and billed as hospital services.