I am a surgeon with broad expertise in the field of general surgery and advanced training in minimally invasive surgical techniques. I am committed to providing surgical care that is carefully matched to a patient’s needs and situation.
Much of my clinical practice is dedicated to treating patients suffering from pain or other complications of hernias. I repair all types of hernias, tailoring operations to the approach that is best for each patient—whether open, laparoscopic or robotic-assisted. As a general surgeon, I also provide surgical treatment of a wide range of medical conditions.
- Surgical repair of all types of hernias, including hernias of the groin, abdominal wall, and diaphragm
- Surgical removal of the gallbladder to treat gallstones and their complications
- Surgical removal of all or part of the spleen when indicated to treat various disorders
- Surgical treatment of adrenal gland tumors
- Surgical treatment of gastric reflux disease (GERD)
- Open, laparoscopic, and robotic-assisted surgical procedures tailored to each patient
I believe it is important for patients to understand their medical condition and why surgery is recommended. I take time to explain a patient’s diagnosis and surgical options, as well as what to expect after an operation.
A signature feature of my surgical approach is exquisite care in closing incisions. This makes a significant difference in the degree of post surgical scarring and improves the appearance of the skin after surgery.
In addition to my clinical practice, I have a strong commitment to surgical education and am actively involved in training and mentoring future surgeons, and currently serve as associate program director of Lankenau’s General Surgery Residency Program.
I am an active member of the American Hernia Society and publish research in the field of hernia repair.
- Gender: Male
- Language: English
Accepting New Patients
- Associate Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program, Lankenau Medical Center