Salmon with honey-balsamic glaze recipe
When it comes to healthy eating, we all want meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious options that use simple ingredients, such as salmon. Not only is salmon a delicious and versatile protein, but it also provides important healthy fats that our bodies need. These healthy fats, also known as omega-3 fatty acids, can help improve heart health and reduce inflammation.
So next time you're looking for a healthy and hassle-free meal, consider incorporating salmon into your diet for a tasty and nutritious option.
Salmon with honey-balsamic glaze
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and vinegar until smooth. Whisk in the remaining ingredients except the fish.
- Put the fish in the baking dish and lightly spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sides of the fish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to the desired doneness.
Recipe adapted from recipes.heart.org.
Register for an upcoming nutrition and healthy eating webinar or cooking class at the King of Prussia Teaching Kitchen
Nutrition information, recipes and food safety tips are provided in collaboration with The Teaching Kitchen of the Community Health and Outreach Department King of Prussia.
Interested in preventing Type 2 diabetes? For more information about our Diabetes Prevention Program and upcoming groups, fill out this interest form.
Learn more about Main Line Health's nutrition counseling and weight management services