- 1 cup black (Greek) olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup (1 slice) fresh whole grain bread, processed into crumbs
- Black pepper, to taste
In a food processor, combine olives, capers, oil, thyme, garlic and ½ teaspoon lemon juice. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add bread crumbs and pulse until mixed. Season with pepper and additional lemon juice, if desired.
Spread on veggies or low-calorie whole wheat bread.
Nutrition facts (per serving)
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 25
- Fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Protein: 0 grams