Number of servings: 20 (3½-by-2½-inch servings)
5 cups tart apples, cored, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of dark, plump raisins
½ cup of pecans, chopped
¼ cup of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2½ cups sifted, all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons of baking soda
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 13-by-9-by-2 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raising and pecans; mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla and egg.
- Sift together flour, soda and cinnamon. Stir into apple mixture about one-third at a time.
- Turn mixture into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.
Fat: 5 grams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Sodium: 273 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 45 grams