The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) has established an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) that oversees the institution's animal program, facilities, and procedures. Federal and accreditation requirements along with internal policy require IACUC review prior to conducting research that involves animals. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator (PI) to submit the proposed research to the IACUC for approval before the research has begun. You may not start your research until your protocol has been reviewed and approved by the IACUC.
The IACUC Is qualified through the experience and expertise of its members to oversee the institution’s animal program, facilities, and procedures.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Membership Fiscal Year 2019
- Jill Acker (non-affiliated)
- John Wellenbach, Business Manager (non-scientist)
- Matt Finley, PhD, MBA Chair, Director, Research Administration
- Laura Mandik-Nayak, PhD, Associate Professor (Scientist)
- Jose DiDiego, M.D, Research Associate Professor (Scientist)
- Anthony Ashton, PhD, Adjunct Professor
- Judith Daviau, D.V. M., Consulting Veterinarian
- Derek Bowden, MA, Director, Office of Research Protections (Non-Voting Member)
- John Laughlin, LAT Research Annex Supervisor (Not-Voting Member)
- Sasha Burashnikov, PhD, Associate Professor (Scientist, Alternate Member)
Meeting dates and deadlines
Note that all meetings will be held in the LIMR Conference Room G32 at 2:00 pm.
*Please note that the dates in bold do not fall on the third Monday of the month due to holidays.
|Meeting dates||Submission deadline||Pre-review deadline|
|January 20, 2020||January 8, 2020||December 31, 2019|
|February 17, 2020||February 5, 2020||January 28, 2020|
|March 16, 2020||March 4, 2020||February 25, 2020|
|April 20, 2020||April 4, 2020||March 27, 2020|
|May 11, 2020||April 29, 2020||April 21, 2020|
|June 15, 2020||June 3, 2020||May 26, 2020|
|July 20, 2020||July 8, 2020||June 30, 2020|
|August 17, 2020||August 5, 2020||July 28, 2020|
|September 21, 2020||September 9, 2020||September 1, 2020|
|October 19, 2020||October 7, 2020||September 29, 2020|
|November 16, 2020||November 4, 2020||October 27, 2020|
|December 14, 2020||December 2, 2020||November 24, 2020|