The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) has established an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) that oversees the institution's animal program, facilities, and procedures. Federal and accreditation requirements along with internal policy require IACUC review prior to conducting research that involves animals. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator (PI) to submit the proposed research to the IACUC for approval before the research has begun. You may not start your research until your protocol has been reviewed and approved by the IACUC.
The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) has established an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) that is qualified through the experience and expertise of its members to oversee the institution's animal program, facilities, and procedures.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Membership Fiscal Year 2019
- Susan White, PhD, Professor (non-affiliated)
- John Wellenbach, Business Manager (non-scientist)
- Alexander Muller, PhD Associate Professor, Chair (scientist)
- Fetweh Al-Saleem, DVM, Research Assistant Professor (scientist)
- Lisa Laury-Kleintop, PhD, Associate Professor (scientist)
- Jose DiDiego, MD, Research Associate Professor (scientist)
- Judith Daviau, DVM, Consulting Veterinarian
- Anne Marie Hobson, JD Director, Office of Research Protections (non-voting member)
- John Laughlin, LAT, Research Annex Supervisor (non-voting member)
Meeting dates and deadlines
Note that all meetings will be held in the LIMR Conference Room G32 at 2:00 pm.
*Please note that the bolded dates do not fall on the 3rd Monday of the month due to holiday schedule.
|Meeting dates||Submission deadline||Pre-review deadline|
|December 10, 2018||November 28, 2018||November 20, 2018|
|January 21, 2019||January 9, 2019||January 1, 2019|
|February 18, 2019||January 6, 2019||January 29, 2019|
|March 18, 2019||March 6, 2019||February 26, 2019|
|April 15, 2019||April 3, 2019||March 26, 2019|
|May 13, 2019*||May 1, 2019||April 23, 2019|
|June 17, 2019||June 5, 2019||May 28, 2019|
|July 15, 2019||July 3, 2019||June 25, 2019|
|August 19, 2019||August 7, 2019||July 30, 2019|
|September 16, 2019||September 4, 2019||August 27, 2019|
|October 21, 2019||October 9, 2019||October 1, 2019|
|November 18, 2019||November 6, 2019||October 29, 2019|
|December 9, 2019*||November 27, 2019||November 19, 2019|