The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) has established an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) that oversees the institution's animal program, facilities, and procedures. Federal and accreditation requirements along with internal policy require IACUC review prior to conducting research that involves animals. It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator (PI) to submit the proposed research to the IACUC for approval before the research has begun. You may not start your research until your protocol has been reviewed and approved by the IACUC.
The Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR) has established an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) that is qualified through the experience and expertise of its members to oversee the institution's animal program, facilities, and procedures.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Membership Fiscal Year 2019
- Susan White, PhD, Professor (non-affiliated)
- John Wellenbach, Business Manager (non-scientist)
- Alexander Muller, PhD Associate Professor, Chair (scientist)
- Fetweh Al-Saleem, DVM, Research Assistant Professor (scientist)
- Lisa Laury-Kleintop, PhD, Associate Professor (scientist)
- Jose DiDiego, MD, Research Associate Professor (scientist)
- Judith Daviau, DVM, Consulting Veterinarian
- Anne Marie Hobson, JD Director, Office of Research Protections (non-voting member)
- John Laughlin, LAT, Research Annex Supervisor (non-voting member)
Meeting dates and deadlines
Note that all meetings will be held in the LIMR Conference Room (G32) at 2:00 pm.
*Please note that the bolded dates do not fall on the 3rd Monday of the month due to schedule conflicts.
|2018 meeting dates||Submission deadline||Pre-review deadline|
|January 15, 2018||January 2, 2018||December 25, 2017|
|February 12, 2018||January 31, 2018||January 23, 2018|
|March 19, 2018||March 7, 2018||February 27, 2018|
|April 16, 2018||April 4, 2018||March 28, 2018|
|May 14, 2018||May 2, 2018||April 24, 2018|
|June 18, 2018||June 6, 2018||May 29, 2018|
|July 16, 2018||July 4, 2018||June 26, 2018|
|August 13, 2018||August 1, 2018||July 24, 2018|
|September 17, 2018||September 5, 2018||August 28, 2018|
|October 15, 2018||October 3, 2018||September 25, 2018|
|November 19, 2018||November 7, 2018||October 30, 2018|
|December 10, 2018||November 28, 2018||November 20, 2018|