What Main Line Health is doing to be transparent on hospital pricing
Main Line Health is committed to delivering value and high-quality care while also complying with federal laws requiring price information be made available to the public. Widespread variation in health insurance plans and associated benefits make it difficult for hospitals to provide specific price information without access to very detailed information about a patient's health insurance coverage, deductibles and co-pay arrangements.
Some of the ways in which we show our commitment to price transparency include:
- Publishing the Main Line Hospitals chargemaster, which is required by federal regulations to provide a higher level of transparency
- Financial counselors are available at each hospital and are also accessible via phone to assist patients with understanding and estimating their financial responsibility
- A dedicated Patient Estimation team is in place to help patients proactively estimate their financial obligations prior to an inpatient or outpatient service
- Main Line Hospitals have a comprehensive Financial Assistance & Charity Care Policy to assist certain qualifying patients with their financial obligations
- Charity Care (free care) up to three times the Federal Poverty Level is offered to patients who qualify
- Deferred payment arrangements can be made under most circumstances which are interest free
- Main Line Hospitals have partnered with AblePay Health as a payment option for medical expenses that are a patient's financial responsibility. AblePay provides savings (up to 13%), flexible payment terms, advocacy, and convenience for out of pocket medical expenses. Enroll in AblePay.
- Use of Epic's MyChart portal as a means of communicating price information to our patients is in development
To learn more, you can