I am a surgeon specializing in treatment of breast cancer. I have been caring for patients with breast cancer for more than 20 years, including several years as leader of the breast cancer program at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Florida. I also have expertise in cancer research and in surgical treatment of endocrine (hormone gland) tumors.
As a member of the breast team at Bryn Mawr Hospital, my practice is dedicated to multidisciplinary diagnosis and management of breast disease.
- Diagnosis and multidisciplinary treatment of breast cancer
- Advanced approaches to breast cancer surgery, including lumpectomy, nipple-sparing mastectomy, and oncoplastic techniques
- Free-flap and implant-based surgical breast reconstruction, in consultation with specialists in plastic surgery
- Evaluation of abnormal mammograms, breast lumps, breast pain, nipple discharge, and other breast concerns
- Fine needle, core needle, and image-guided core needle breast biopsy; surgical breast biopsy
- Management of benign breast disease, including lesions associated with risk for cancer
As an experienced breast surgeon, I provide the full range of surgical procedures for treatment of breast cancer, with an emphasis on techniques offering the best-possible cosmetic result. I also am a strong advocate for strategies that allow our team to limit the extent of surgery needed to effectively treat cancer whenever possible.
It is a privilege to help patients face the challenge of cancer. One thing I have learned is the importance of patients being active participants in their own care. My goal is to make sure patients understand their disease and treatment options so they can be part of the team making decisions. Today, there are many options to consider. Patients need to be fully informed so they can make the best choices for themselves.
In addition to my clinical practice, I participate in research aimed at improving cancer care, testing new cancer treatments and technologies, and translating cancer discoveries into useful tests or treatments. Also, as program director of the breast surgery fellowship program at Bryn Mawr Hospital, I am actively involved in the education and training of surgeons who have chosen to specialize in breast surgery.
- Gender: Male
- Years of Experience: 29
- Language: English
Accepting New Patients