Moving forward, always with your health and safety in mind
Main Line Health quickly adjusted to the new realities brought on by the coronavirus (COVID-19). At the onset of the pandemic, we postponed non-essential procedures and replaced many in-person visits with telemedicine appointments. As a health system, we have considered what measures need to be taken in order to responsibly resume regular care, without compromising the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff. Visit our FAQ page to learn more.
New policies in place for in-person visits
Ways in which health care providers can limit the spread of COVID-19 has been an evolving conversation—one that Main Line Health has been having prior to its outbreak in our area. Our team has taken great care to identify and adopt the measures needed at our facilities to prevent further illness in our community. To that end, Main Line Health is embracing patient-centered policies that are simple to follow. This includes:
- Screening of all patients, visitors and staff for COVID-19 symptoms before entering our facilities.
- Requiring all patients, visitors and employees to wear mask or face covering at all times
- Promoting social distancing by rearranging sitting and standing areas in lobbies, waiting areas and pre-/post-operative spaces
- Staggering appointments and offering extended hours to reduce patient overlap and allow time for thorough cleaning
- Continuing telemedicine services as a resource for your non-urgent medical needs
- Extensive cleaning processes are in place across all of our facilities, including wait areas, exam rooms and operating rooms in accordance with infection control guidelines
Visit our FAQ page to learn more.
Your continued health is as important as ever. We remind you to take action in seeking care when needed as any delay can lead to critical health issues. Our emergency rooms, urgent cares, practices and hospitals are ready to see you to keep you well.
Making an appointment
In an effort to ensure that all patients with appointments have been appropriately screened for COVID-19, we are suspending online appointment scheduling at this time. To make an in-person appointment or to determine if a telemedicine appointment is right for you, please call your provider’s office directly or call the Main Line Health Contact Center at 1.866.225.5654.