Number of servings: 4
2 medium apples
1 medium onion
1 large clove of garlic
4 pork chops, about ¾-inch thick, with bone
1 teaspoon of olive oil
¼ cup of water
¼ cup of fat-free sour cream
- Quarter and core apples. Peel if desired.
- Cut onion in half and then slice it.
- Use a large frying pan with a lid to heat oil over medium-high hear and add chops and garlic. Brown quickly, about two minutes per side.
- Add cut-up apples, onion and water. Cover and turn heat to low.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes, until pork is cooked through and apple are soft.
- Remove chops to a warm serving platter. Bring pan juices to a boil and turn off the hear.
- Stir in sour cream and pour over chops. Serve immediately.
Protein: 24 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Cholesterol: 71 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Sodium: 75 grams