- 1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 slices bacon or pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth
- Boil Brussels sprouts in water for about five minutes, until slightly tender but not fully cooked.
- Sauté bacon and garlic until golden.
- Drain sprouts and add to bacon and garlic. Sauté until the outside is slightly brown.
- Add sprouts, garlic and bacon to chicken broth. Use enough broth to just cover sprouts. Boil until reduced or sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes.
Total Fat: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 2 grams
Sodium: 233 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 3 grams