Number of servings: 6
½ cup strawberries, sliced
½ cup blueberries (optional)
¼ serving size strawberry jello (low-calorie, sugar-free)
1½ cup boiling water
½ cup cold water
3 ice cubes
3 cups plain fat-free yogurt
6 dessert cups
- Divide sliced strawberries, minus 12 slices, into dessert cups.
- Stir boiling water into jello in a medium-sized bowl for at least two minutes until completely dissolved. Add cold water and ice cubes and stir until ice is completely melted.
- Remove ¾ of gelatin and pour evenly over strawberries in each cup. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm.
- Add yogurt to the remaining gelatin mixture in the bowl and stir with a wire whisk until it is well-blended. Put in refrigerator until to keep it cool as jello mixture sets.
- Spoon yogurt evenly over gelatin in dessert cups, and refrigerate two to three hours until firm. Top with two strawberry slices and blueberries.
Nutritional information (per serving)
Total Fat: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Sodium: 125 milligrams
Total Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Dietary Fiber: Less than one grams
Protein: 8 grams