Number of servings: 4
1½ cups low-sodium vegetable stock or water
1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup frozen chopped, mixed vegetables such as peas, carrots, green beans and corn
- Add vegetable stock or water to medium saucepan.
- Bring stock or water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in quinoa, salt and pepper.
- Switch heat to low and cover pot with lid.
- Cook until liquid is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in veggies with a fork. Place lid back on quinoa so that the heat from the quinoa cooks the vegetables.
- Serve immediately or place into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to five days.
Total Fat: 2.5 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 320 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Protein: 7 grams