2 lbs shelled and cleaned shrimp
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup white wine
2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
2 cups clam juice
4 chicken sausages, precooked
¾ cup chopped onion
2 cups brown rice
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp saffron threads
2 cans artichoke hearts, drained
1 jar whole pimientos, drained and chopped
1 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked and drained
1. Marinate shrimp in wine and one chopped clove of garlic for at least one hour.
2. In a large pan, add chicken stock and clam juice. Add chicken sausages and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat.
3. Remove chicken sausages, cut into ¼-inch slices, and set aside.
4. Add chopped onions, second chopped garlic clove, pepper, saffron, and brown rice. Simmer until rice is fully cooked.
5. Reduce heat and add shrimp to mixture. Stir until shrimp is cooked through. Add artichokes, pimientos, and peas and stir until mixture is hot. Serve hot. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition facts (per serving)
Total fat: 4 g (Saturated fat: 2 g)
Cholesterol: 138 mg
Sodium: 620 mg
Carbohydrate: 28 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 24 g