Number of servings: 8 slices (1 pie)
1 ready-made 12-inch thin pizza crust
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup sliced onion
½ cup thin green or red pepper strips
1 cup cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
½ cup bottled barbecue sauce (any brand or flavor)
1 cup shredded part-skim, low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion and pepper strips.
- Fry over medium heat until soft, adding a little water instead of more oil if onion and pepper start to burn.
- Add chicken and barbecue sauce. Stir and remove from heat.
- Place ready-made pizza crust on cookie sheet. Spread chicken, onion and pepper mix evenly on crust and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes, watching carefully that the cheese doesn't brown too much.
Protein: 26 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Cholesterol: 23 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Sodium: 469 milligrams