It is the policy of Main Line Health: to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer/employee relations without discrimination because of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, relationship status, or other non-merit based factors; to select, develop and promote employees based on the individual’s, qualifications, experience, and job performance; to maintain a working environment free of all forms of discrimination, harassment, and intimidation. This policy extends to all management practices and decisions including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring practices, performance appraisals, an employee’s compensation, benefits, opportunities for promotion, training and development, and transfer. Main Line Health will comply with the letter and spirit of applicable local, state, and federal laws, statutes, regulations, and guidelines concerning Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Equal Employment Opportunity will be explained to all employees during new employee orientation.
- Applicable federal and state government posters will be permanently displayed in conspicuous locations where notices to employees and applicants for employment are customarily placed.
- Recruitment sources authorized to refer applicants will be advised of the organization's commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment.
- References in notices, advertisements, forms and employment applications shall not indicate any preference, limitation or discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, relationship status, or other non-merit based factors. All employment recruitment advertisements will include the phrase “An Equal Opportunity Employer” or “EOE”.
- It is the responsibility of an employee to bring to the attention of the’ s employee’s manager or Human Resources management any evidence of discrimination. The matter will be investigated promptly and the appropriate action taken.
- MLH will take appropriate action to ensure that the rights of individuals to file complaints furnish information, or participate in an investigation, public hearing or other activity related to Equal Employment Opportunity law will be respected and that these individuals will not be subjected to retaliation in any manner.
Origination Date: January 1, 1989
Revision Date: December 2017; November, 2017; September, 2017; September, 2016; September, 2014; September, 2012, November, 2010; September, 2009; June, 2009; November, 2003 Last Review Date: September 2017; September, 2015; September, 2013;