Our collective commitment along with Southeastern PA activates a social contract to elevate our shared responsibility to provide high-quality, safe human care to all in our state, specifically focused on improving the health of our communities of color.
- Re-examining policies and procedures and making changes, with an equity lens, that promote equality, opportunity and inclusion for all.
- Improving access to primary and specialty care for people in underserved communities.
- Building trust through community partnerships with the goal of addressing chronic conditions that impact communities of color.
- Advocating for investments that create innovative solutions to improve access, and provide safe, high-quality health outcomes for all communities in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Hiring and promoting leaders of color and increasing diversity in governance.
- Renewing and expanding each organization's commitment to providing anti-racism, and implicit/unconscious bias training for all staff, volunteers and physicians.
- Bridging relations between law enforcement and community by offering events aimed at encouraging conversations improving relations and creating trust.
- Increasing the collection and use of race, ethnicity, language preference and other socio-demographic data.
- Increasing business partnerships with diverse vendor partners across the organization. Cultivating new relationships, expand current partnerships and continue to monitor MLH progress on diverse spend.