In 1953 when Lankenau Medical Center moved to its current site in Lower Merion Township, The Women’s Board of Lankenau was formed to coordinate the many diverse activities of Lankenau's individual auxiliaries.
Since that time, this energetic, resourceful group of people has had an impressive record of raising money in support of our medical center. A major milestone was reached in 1973 when the president of The Women’s Board became an ex-officio voting member of The Lankenau Medical Center Board of Trustees. Today, the Women’s Board and its auxiliaries account for many volunteers, some of whom serve directly on The Women’s Board.
During the last five decades the board and its auxiliaries have been characterized by a progressive expansion of programs and services.
The Women’s Board is the governing body of Lankenau's Auxiliaries. Three members from each auxiliary plus all fundraising chairmen and standing committee chairmen make up the membership, which meets the first Thursday of each month, September to June, with the exception of December when the Christmas Fair is traditionally held.
Use the links on the right to learn more about the major fund raising events and activities sponsored by The Women’s Board and each of its auxiliaries.
Join Us for An Evening in Venice Gala, Saturday, April 21, 2018
This black tie optional event, to benefit the trauma center and emergency department expansion at Lankenau, will feature cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, dinner and silent as well as live auctions.
Angela Ottaviani, administrative assistant, Women's Board of Lankenau Medical Center
Lankenau Medical Center
100 East Lancaster Avenue
Wynnewood PA 19096