- Temple University School of Medicine
- Abington Memorial Hospital
- Abington Memorial Hospital
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
Memberships & Activities
- American College of Surgeons
- American Association of Cancer Research
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Radium Society
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
- Member, NSABP Colorectal Committee
- Member, NSABP Breast Committee
- Member, American College of Surgeons principal Investigator Oncology Group
- Member, Nutrition Committee, Lankenau Medical Center
- Chairman, Lankenau Cancer Committee
- Member, Main Line Health Oncology Executive Committee
- Member, Main Line Health Cryosurgical Subcommittee
- Member, Surgical Education Committee, Lankenau Medical Center
- Chairman, Tumor Board, Lankenau Medical Center
Awards & Honors
HONORS, AWARDS, CITATIONS
- 2014 State Chair Outstanding Performance Award for outstanding leadership, innovation and significant contributions to the improvement of cancer care in Pennsylvania,
- American Cancer Society Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- 2017, 2016, 2012 Top Doctor – Surgery, Philadelphia Magazine
- 2016 Top Doctor – Oncology: breast, Main Line Today magazine
- 2011 Top Doctor – Surgeon, U.S. News & World Report and Main Line Today magazine
- 2010 Top Doctor – Surgeon, Main Line Today magazine
- Outcomes of Abbreviated MRI (Ab-MRI) for Women of any Breast Cancer Risk and Breast Density in a Community Academic Setting. Kennard K, Wang O, Kjelstrom S, Larson S, Sizer LM, Carruthers C, Carter WB, Ciocca R, Sabol J, Frazier TG, Carp NZ. Ann Surg Oncol. 2022 Oct;29(10):6215-6221.
- The use of neoadjuvant therapy increases the rate of breast conservation in men with locally advanced breast cancer. Williams AD, Ciocca R, Sabol JL, Carp NZ. Clin Breast Cancer. 2022 Jun;22(4):343-358.
- Racial and socioeconomic disparities in breast cancer diagnosis and mortality in Pennsylvania. Williams AD, Buckley M, Ciocca RM, Sabol JL, Larson SL, Carp NZ. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2022 Feb;192(1):191-200.
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Changes in Care for a Community Academic Breast Center and Patient Perception of Those Changes. Kennard K, Williams AD, Goldblatt LG, Buckley ME, Bruce L, Larson S, Carter WB, Lamb EP, Carp NZ, Sizer LM, Frazier TG. Ann Surg Oncol. 2021 Sep;28(9):5071-5081.
- Institutions Treating Breast Cancer Patients of a Low Socioeconomic Status Achieve Multidisciplinary Quality Standards at Lower Rates. Williams AD, Ciocca R, Sabol JL, Carp NZ. Ann Surg Oncol. 2021 Jul 16. doi: 10.1245/s10434-021-10451-x
- Comparison of open and minimally invasive approaches to colon cancer resection in compliance with 12 regional lymph node harvest quality measure. Williams AD, Sun T, Kakade S, Wong SL, Shulman LN, Carp NZ. J Surg Oncol. 2021 Feb 12. doi: 10.1002/jso.26298.
- Metabolic Syndrome: does this influence breast cancer outcomes in the triple-negative population? Kennard K, Buckley ME, Sizer LM, Larson S, Carter WB, Frazier TG, Carp NZ. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2021 Jan 3. doi: 10.1007/s10549-020-06034-1.
- “Participation in clinical trials as a clinical trialist for the community surgeon,” a chapter in the 2020 book Clinical Trials. Carp N, Klein J. (ed. Powlik and Sosa; publisher Springer).
- Compliance with Cancer Quality Measures Over Time and Their Association with Survival Outcomes: The Commission on Cancer's Experience with the Quality Measure Requiring at Least 12 Regional Lymph Nodes to be Removed and Analyzed with Colon Cancer Resections. Shulman LN, Browner AE, Palis BE, Mallin K, Kakade S, Carp N, et al. Ann Surg Oncol. 2019 Jun;26(6):1613-21.
- Rationale for a Minimum Number of Lymph Nodes Removed with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Resection: Correlating the Number of Nodes Removed with Survival in 98,970 Patients. Samayoa AX, Pezzi TA, Pezzi CM, … Carp N, et al. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Dec;23(Suppl 5):1005-11.
- A Phase II Trial Exploring the Success of Cryoablation Therapy in the Treatment of Invasive Breast Carcinoma: Results from ACOSOG (Alliance) Z1072. Simmons RM, Ballman KV, Cox C, Carp N, Sabol J, et al. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Aug;23(8):2438-45.