Friends of Riddle Hospital
The Samuel D. Riddle Society is a philanthropic society whose members, recognizing Riddle Hospital's important role in the health of our community, generously support Riddle and actively promote a strong hospital and community partnership.
There are more than 150 current members of The Samuel D. Riddle Society comprised of dedicated supporters from our community, staff donors and physician leaders. The following giving levels in our society are:
- Advocates – $1,000
- Patrons – $2,500
- Pacesetters – $5,000
- Founders – $10,000 and above
Benefits of membership
Members of The Samuel D. Riddle Society can look forward to special courtesies and personal assistance that demonstrate The Riddle HealthCare Foundation's commitment to provide superior donor experiences including opportunities to connect with friends, institutional leaders and physicians at special events on the hospital campus and in private homes. Additionally, development officers act as personal navigators to providers and services.
Advocates and Patrons
- Assistance during hospital stays (upon request)
- Support with physician referral and subspecialty physician appointments
- Complimentary attendance at the annual Samuel D. Riddle Society recognition reception
- Invitations to Riddle Hospital and Main Line Health special events and milestone celebrations throughout the year
- Key communications sharing how gifts are making a difference at Riddle Hospital
- Free parking or valet (when available) on the Hospital campus
- 50 percent discount at the Riddle Hospital Café
- Special Samuel D. Riddle Society membership rate at the Main Line Health Fitness & Wellness Center, Glen Mills
- Annual recognition on the Riddle Hospital Donor Wall commensurate with level of giving
Pacesetters and Founders
All Advocate and Patron-level courtesies plus:
- Invitations to "Behind-the-Scenes" campus tours of Riddle Hospital
- One-year membership to The Fitness Center at Riddle Hospital located in Health Center 4
Become a Riddle Hospital donor and join a community of supporters who share a dedication to our mission
Help ensure Riddle Hospital can deliver compassionate patient care, invest in the latest technology and medical programs, and build a better quality of life in our neighborhoods through outreach programs.
Gifts may be made by check, credit card or marketable securities. For more information about The Samuel D. Riddle Society, please contact Gina Lee, Associate Director of Development directly at 484-227-4701 or l[email protected].
A portion of these benefits may not be tax deductible.
About Samuel D. Riddle
Sportsman and proud Delaware County native
Samuel D. Riddle (1861–1951), the founder of Riddle Hospital, stipulated in his will that his estate of $2.2 million and 72 acres of land be used to "establish, construct, equip, maintain and operate a hospital…for the relief of suffering humanity and for the care of the sick, injured and afflicted…to be established in the Borough of Media or the vicinity thereof."
Today, Mr. Riddle's charitable legacy continues with the Samuel D. Riddle Society, created in honor of Mr. Riddle's devout philanthropic spirit, acknowledging that charitable giving is a key component to helping Riddle Hospital continue to provide exceptional medical care for our community every day.
Born in Delaware County, Mr. Riddle was a local businessman and breeder of famous racehorses, including champion racehorse Man O'War, voted greatest horse in racing history by Sports Illustrated in 1992 and memorialized as the logo of the Samuel D. Riddle Society.