Friends of Riddle Hospital
The Samuel D. Riddle Society is a philanthropic society whose members, recognizing Riddle Hospital’s important role in the health of our community, generously support Riddle and actively promote a strong hospital and community partnership.
There are over 150 current members of The Samuel D. Riddle Society comprised of dedicated supporters from our community, staff donors and physician leaders. The following giving levels in our society are:
- Advocates – $1,000
- Patrons – $2,500
- Pacesetters – $5,000
- Founders – $10,000 and above
Benefits of membership
Members of The Samuel D. Riddle Society can look forward to special courtesies and personal assistance that demonstrate The Riddle HealthCare Foundation’s commitment to provide a superior donor experience.
The availability of a development officer to act as a personal navigator and liaison to providers and services is particularly valued by society members, as are opportunities to connect with friends, institutional leaders and physicians at special events on the hospital campus and in private homes.
Advocates and Patrons
- Complimentary attendance at the annual Riddle Society recognition reception and invitations to other special events throughout the year relating to current issues in health care
- Convenient, free self-parking, or valet (when available) anywhere on the Riddle Hospital campus
- Fifty percent discount in the Café and Java City
- Key communications sharing how gifts are making a difference at Riddle Hospital
- Annual recognition on the donor wall of the hospital commensurate with level of giving
Pacesetters and Founders
- An opportunity to dine with the President of Riddle Hospital and/or take a “behind-the-scenes” tour of the hospital
- One-year couples membership to the Fitness Center at Riddle Hospital located in Health Center 4
- Special recognition in Riddle Matters magazine
- All tangible benefits as Advocates and Patrons
Become a Riddle Hospital donor and join a community of supporters who share a dedication to our mission
Help ensure Riddle Hospital can deliver compassionate patient care, invest in the latest technology and medical programs, and build a better quality of life in our neighborhoods through outreach programs.
Gifts may be made by check, credit card or marketable securities. For more information about the Samuel D. Riddle Society, please contact Daniel Green, executive director of development directly at 484.227.3651 or email@example.com.
A portion of these benefits may not be tax deductible.
About Samuel D. Riddle
Sportsman and proud Delaware County native
Samuel D. Riddle (1861–1951), the founder of Riddle Hospital, stipulated in his will that his estate of $2.2 million and 72 acres of land be used to “establish, construct, equip, maintain and operate a hospital…for the relief of suffering humanity and for the care of the sick, injured and afflicted…to be established in the Borough of Media or the vicinity thereof.”
Today, Mr. Riddle’s charitable legacy continues with the Samuel D. Riddle Society, created in honor of Mr. Riddle’s devout philanthropic spirit, acknowledging that charitable giving is a key component to helping Riddle Hospital continue to provide exceptional medical care for our community every day.
Born in Delaware County, Mr. Riddle was a local businessman and breeder of famous racehorses, including champion racehorse Man O’War, voted greatest horse in racing history by Sports Illustrated in 1992 and memorialized as the logo of the Samuel D. Riddle Society.