Thursday, November 7, 2019
Penn State Great Valley Conference Center
30 East Swedesford Road
Malvern, PA 19355
On November 7, Main Line Health will offer its annual Trauma Symposium designed for physicians, nurses, mid-level providers, pre-hospital emergency medical service personnel and other interested allied health care professionals.
Having received wide acclaim from our attendees, our dynamic expert speakers address the key concerns identified in today’s trauma care arena and the impact on patient outcomes, which is the key to its success. The Main Line Health Annual Trauma Symposium will feature presentations on the latest advances and topics in trauma, while emphasizing the importance of quality patient care. The program will end with a trauma story presentation.
At the conclusion of the symposium participants should be able to discuss the most current trends in trauma care and the impact trauma has on patients, families and health care providers. Additional objectives include:
- Stating specific end of life considerations when caring for specific trauma patients
- Recognizing clinical issues specific to pediatric trauma patients
- Illustrate the latest strategies and techniques for optimal care in the trauma care setting related to crush injuries
- Identifying specific strategies or new advances to implement as part of a continuing improvement process for their practice
- Recognizing the social, emotional, ethical, personal and logistical issues that arise during the care of trauma patients
- Demonstrating enhanced communication with patients, family members and colleagues
Registration and dinner are from 5:30 pm to 5:55 pm and the program is from 5:55 pm to 9:15 pm.
This year’s symposium will be held in the Musser Auditorium at the Penn State Great Valley Conference Center in Malvern, Pennsylvania. For directions, visit sgps.psu.edu/conference or use the listed address above for GPS directions.
CME: This program has been approved for three hours of AMA Category 1 CME credit and three hours of patient safety CME credit approval pending.
CE: Contact hours for the following disciplines have been applied for: OT/PT, social work, nursing and EMS.
For questions or special needs accommodations, please email email@example.com or call Trauma Program Manager Kerry Larkin at 484.565.8325.
Choose the appropriate option below to register for this event
Please note: Main Line Health employees must register through Healthstream. In the catalog, after choosing the MLH Courses category, search for the class titled “Main Line Health Annual Trauma Symposium.”