Main Line Health Annual Trauma Symposium
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
6:00 - 8:30 PM
On October 27th, Main Line Health will offer its Fall 2021 Trauma Symposium designed for nurses, mid-level providers, pre-hospital emergency medical service personnel and other interested health care professionals.
Having received wide acclaim from our attendees, our dynamic expert speakers address the key concerns identified in today's trauma care arena and the impact on patient outcomes, which is the key to its success. The Trauma Symposium will feature presentations on the latest advances and topics in trauma, while emphasizing the importance of quality patient care.
At the conclusion of the symposium participants should be able to discuss the most current trends in trauma care specific to neurological issues, blunt pulmonary trauma, penetrating trauma and hemorrhage control.
Additional objectives include:
- Describe the initial evaluation and diagnosis of patients with blunt pulmonary injury
- Discuss the most current evidence-based guidelines for management of blunt pulmonary injury
- Discuss the management of neurological clinical presentations and available resources
- Discuss treatment options for penetrating trauma and hemorrhage control
Topics and Speakers
- Management of Blunt Pulmonary Injury – John J. Gallagher, DNP, RN, CCNS, CCRN-K, TCRN, RRT, FCCM
- Clinical Updates of Neuro Interventional Procedures - Sumeet S. Multani, M.D.
- Penetrating Trauma – Determining the Best Course of Care -Kris Kaulback, M.D., Matthew Rosen, M.D., and Sumanth Atluri, M.D.
Continuing Education Credits:
- EMS:This program has been approved for 2.5 hours of Con-ed credit.
- CE:Contact hours for the following disciplines have been applied for: social work, and nursing.
Register online and obtain your link for the event
Please register online by October 26,2021.
For questions or assistance with registration, call 484-565-8328 or email [email protected]
Registration fee: No cost
Main Line Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Main Line Health is approved as a provider of emergency medical service continuing education by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Credit Designation Statements:
Nursing: An application has been submitted to award contact hours.
EMS: This virtual program has been approved for 2.5 hours of PA continuing education credit.
Social Work: Application has been submitted for approval of continuing education credit.
Conflict of Interest Statement: Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing medical education activities sponsored by Main Line Health are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
There is no commercial support for this program.
The on-line presentation is necessitated due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing. This on-line presentation ensures our ability to continue to help healthcare providers and others remain prepared to address patient and community needs, even during the COVID-19 pandemic, by ensuring the continuing education of our physicians and other front line providers.