Compassionate care for cancer
Main Line Health cancer doctors (oncologists) provide compassionate care through all stages of cancer treatment—from diagnosis to recovery. We create personalized treatment plans for each patient based on accurate and advanced diagnostic testing. We strive to effectively treat cancer while helping you maintain a good quality of life throughout treatment.
We have five cancer centers:
- Lankenau Medical Center Cancer Center
- Bryn Mawr Hospital Cancer Center
- Paoli Hospital Cancer Center
- Riddle Hospital Cancer Center
- Main Line Health Center in Newtown Square Cancer Center
At these and additional Main Line Health Centers and offices throughout the Philadelphia region, we treat a wide range of cancers, including, but not limited to:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Genitourinary cancer (including prostate cancer)
- Gynecologic cancer
- Hematologic (blood) cancer
- Lung cancer
- Musculoskeletal cancer
Each type of cancer comes with its own set of challenges. At Main Line Health, we give you the tools and resources you need to meet these challenges head on.
Comprehensive services from prevention to treatment
From prevention and diagnosis to treatment and recovery, Main Line Health experts care for all aspects of cancer. We offer comprehensive services, including:
- Risk assessment and genetics – If you are at risk of cancer due to family history or other factors, we can perform risk assessments and genetic testing to determine your risk and develop a regular screening program if necessary.
- Cancer surgery – Using minimally invasive and robotic surgery techniques, our physicians carefully remove cancer from areas throughout your body.
- Chemotherapy – Chemotherapy uses medicine to kill cancer cells. The latest medicines now have fewer side effects than in years past.
- Radiation therapy – We use the latest, most precise radiation therapy procedures to target cancer cells without damaging healthy cells.
- Lymphedema management program – Lymphedema (swelling in your arm or leg) can happen after you have lymph nodes removed. We help reduce and manage this swelling so you feel more comfortable.
- Integrative services – For our patients being treated for or recovering from cancer, we offer integrative therapies, a complementary approach to medical treatment that provides relief from depression, anxiety, and stress that may accompany cancer treatment.
- Support services – We provide compassionate support throughout your cancer treatment, helping you find the resources you need for counseling, transportation and more.
- Patient education – Our cancer experts take the time to teach you about your specific type of cancer and treatments so you can be well-informed about your care.
- Clinical research trials – Main Line Health doctors participate in cancer research studies, giving you access to the latest treatments through clinical trials.