LIMR’s Biosafety/rDNA program oversees research involving recombinant DNA, pathogenic organisms, and/or human or non-human primate-derived materials (cell lines, tissues, fluid, etc.). Additionally, the Committee oversees all projects involving infectious agents (RG-2 and 3) and certain toxins that are on the CDC Select agents list.
It is the responsibility of the Investigator to submit the proposed research to the BRDC for approval before the research has begun. A list of meeting dates and deadlines is available (PDF). You may not start your research until your protocol has been reviewed and approved by the IBC. Researchers using any of these materials must complete a Biosafety Protocol Form (DOC). For renewals please complete the Biosafety Renewal Form (DOC), and for additions, revisions or modifications to a current protocol, please complete the Biosafety Addendum Form (DOC). To add or remove personnel from an approved protocol complete the Biosafety Addition/Deletion of Personnel Form (DOC).
For additional information, please see:
- Biosafety in Microbiological & Biomedical Laboratories from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules
- Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecule FAQs (PDF)
- Biosafety Levels - Fact Sheet
- Essential Elements of Laboratory Biosafety
- Transgenic Animal FAQs
- Animal Experiments Covered under the NIH Guidelines (PDF)
- Animal Biosafety Levels (ABSL) from BMBL 5th Edition (PDF)
Meeting dates and deadlines
Note that all meetings will be held in the LIMR Conference Room G32 at 1:00 pm.
Meetings will be held the second Tuesday of the month.
|Meeting dates||Submission deadline|
|January 14, 2020||January 6, 2020|
|February 11, 2020||February 3, 2020|
|March 16, 2020||March 8, 2020|
|April 14, 2020||April 6, 2020|
|May 12, 2020||May 4, 2020|
|June 9, 2020||June 1, 2020|
|July 23, 2020||July 15, 2020|
|August 27, 2020||August 19, 2020|
|September 24, 2020||September 16, 2020|
|October 22, 2020||October 14, 2020|
|November 24, 2020||November 16, 2020|
|December 22, 2020||November 14, 2020|