- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- University of New South Wales
Memberships & Activities
- Editorial Board, Frontiers in Oncology
- Editorial Board, Scientific Reports
- 2016-2019 Vice President, Australia and New Zealand Microcirculation Society
- Australian Network for Cardiovascular Developmental Biology
- Breast Cancer Special Interest Group, Sydney Cancer Network
- Metabolism and Microenvironment Interest group, University of Sydney
- Australia and New Zealand Microcirculation Society
- American Heart Association
- Australian Vascular Biology Society
Awards & Honors
- 2013 PaLMS International Travel Fellowship, Scientific Staff Council, Royal North Shore Hospital
- 2013 RNSH/UTS/KIMR/USYD/ SRM National Travel Fellowship, Scientific Staff Council, Royal North Shore Hospital
- 2013 Bridging Support for Senior Scientific Staff, Scientific Staff Council, Royal North Shore Hospital
- 2012 DVC (Research) Bridging Support, University of Sydney
Non-Genomic Effects of Aldosterone. Vitamins and Hormones. Mihailidou A, Tzakos A, Ashton AW. 2019;109(133):133-49.
Unique mechanisms of connective tissue growth factor regulation in airway smooth muscle in asthma: relationship with airway remodelling. Wang J, Faiz A, Ge Q, Vermeulen CJ, … Ashton, AW, et al. J Cell Mol Med. 2018;22(5):2826-37.
Analyzing Trophoblast Function Using Cell-based Assays. Powell KL, Ashton AW. Methods Mol Bio. 2018;1710:233-46.
Utility of metabolic profiling of serum in the diagnosis of pregnancy complications. Powell K, Carrozzi A, Stephens AS, Tasevski V, Morris JM, Ashton AW, et al. Placenta. 2018;66:65-73.
Trypanosoma cruzi produces the specialized pro-resolving mediators Resolvin D1, Resolvin D5 and Resolvin E2. Colas RA, Ashton AW, Mukherjee S, et al. Infect. Immun. 2018; Mar 22;86(4).
Tumstatin regulates the angiogenic and inflammatory potential of airway smooth muscle extracellular matrix. Harkness LM, Weckmann M, Kopp M, Ashton AW, Burgess JK. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;Dec 21(12):3288-97.
Role for the thromboxane A2 receptor β-isoform in the pathogenesis of intrauterine growth restriction. Powell KL, Stevens V, Upton DH, … Ashton AW, et al. Scientific Reports. 2016;6:28811.
Embryonic/fetal mortality and intrauterine growth restriction is not exclusive to the CBA/J sub-strain in the CBA × DBA model. McKelvey KJ, Yenson VM, Ashton AW, et al. Scientific Reports. 2016;Oct 21;6:35138.
NF-κB Regulation in T-cells in Pregnancy is Mediated via Fas/FasL Interactions: The Signal for which is Derived from Exosomes Present in Maternal Plasma. McCracken SA, Hadfield KA, Macfarlane M, Ashton AW, Morris JM. Reproductive Immunology: Open Access. 2016;1:1-8.