Study ID: A021502
Combination chemotherapy with or without atezolizumab in treating patients with stage 3 colon cancer and deficient DNA mismatch repair
This treatment trial is for patients who have been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and have a deficient DNA mismatch repair (ask your physician to check the protocol specifics for testing guidelines).
There are two study arms to this trial. Participants in both will be administered chemotherapy. Those in Arm 1 will also receive atezolizumab, an immunotherapy given intravenously.
- Histologically proven stage III colon adenocarcinoma
- Presence of deficient DNA mismatch repair (dMMR; see protocol for testing specifics)
- Lynch syndrome but carry a specific germline mutation in an MMR gene (MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2) are eligible
- Complete resection
- Entire tumor must be in the colon (rectal involvement is an exclusion)
- No residual involved lymph node disease or metastatic disease at the time of registration
- No prior chemotherapy, immunotherapy, biologic or targeted therapy, or radiation therapy for colon cancer except for one cycle of mFOLFOX6
See protocol for complete list of inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Arm 1 (experimental): combination chemotherapy and atezolizumab
- Arm 2 (active comparator): combination chemotherapy
- Must have been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and deficient DNA mismatch repair
- Must not have been treated previously with chemotherapy, immunotherapy, biologic or targeted therapy, or radiation therapy for colon cancer (except for one cycle of mFOLFOX6)